Welcome to A Little Bit Social: Catching up with the Cantan’s
I am Gemma. I’m married to Nick and we have two children, Alana (13) and Thomas (9) and we live in the South East of England, just north of Portsmouth.
I started A Little Bit Social in early 2019 when I decided I needed an outlet. Family life isn’t always easy and adding a special needs child to the mix and it’s even more complicated. A Little Bit Social began when I realised that there are other families out there who might want a chat, tips or advice and maybe wanted to get out of the house for a weekend.
A Little Bit Social is a lifestyle and family travel blog following the lives of us as a family as we navigate life with a disabled son and a daughter who dreams of a career in performing (as we can’t forget about her). She struggles with her own barriers to learning as she has learning difficulties and memory processing issues.
A Little Bit Social is here to help you with all your travel planning needs. You will find destination guides, hotel reviews, product reviews and plenty of tips and inspiration for travelling with kids.
A Little Bit About Us
- Thomas is a Strep B Meningitis survivor left with cerebral palsy, epilepsy and lifelong learning difficulties who he loves life, he usually has a smile on his face (unless you get the camera out) and he loves being active so being outdoors is his favourite activity either on his bike or playing football.
- Alana is your normal stroppy teenager who’s favourite saying is ‘you can’t make me’ while she struggles through school with learning difficulties and memory processing disorder. You won’t see her too far away from her phone or Ipad. She dreams of a career in the performing arts and you will usually find her at dance or music class, youth theatre group or performing on TikTok.
- Nick is Thomas’ full-time carer alongside his small amount of Graphic Design work so if you need business cards, leaflets, newsletters, magazines or catalogues laying out and or just things you need printing he’s your guy. He’s also a little car-obsessed and his red Mitsubishi Evo is his pride and joy.
- I love writing, from my first diary entry at 13 years old to many years of short stories, essay’s and now blog posts. I have a degree in Event Management and Hospitality with over seven years of experience working in the industry across hotels, venues, catering and event coordination.
A Little Disclosure
A Little Bit Social is managed by me (Gemma) and is PR friendly. If you would like to get in touch please email email@example.com.
- All reviews are honest and written by me.
- All content is managed and created by me.
- If a sponsored post or product is reviewed, it will be marked with a * within the post and a comment inserted at the end of the page.
- I am happy to work with brands or organisations that match my ethos and brand. I may charge for some collaborations, this will depend on the item and what is expected. This can be discussed.
- Any item that I receive is not necessarily going to be published within a certain time frame unless it has previously been discussed.
If you are interested in working with us we currently have over 2,800 followers across our social media and are always looking for ways to share our experiences through blog posts, social media, collaborations, guest posts, competitions and reviews.