Planning a camping trip with your family and friends is a wonderful idea to spend some quality time away from the country. And exploring the beautiful landscapes in Australia and experiencing its wildest adventure along with the essentials and comforts of home is possible only when you travel with a caravan. Still, with recent events, germ-free travel should be a priority. Here are some tips for maximising caravan hygiene when on the road.
It takes only a moment for Aussies to pack the bags, hitch the caravan and get going. But since the pandemic has hit, it is easier said than done. It is important to consider a few things before heading off on the trip.
Now, the foremost concern is to take hygiene precautions when travelling. It needs extra care and attention to be taken while you are out all day to several places. Ensure that you maintain a germ-free, clean, healthy and safe environment for yourself and your loved ones when you are out on the road.
A caravan will be your home for the coming days, so you must follow these tips and keep your surroundings clean to prevent germs from attacking.
Clean & Disinfect
For a healthy and germ-free road trip, keep your caravan and its interior as clean as possible. Germs in the caravan will not ensure a healthy road trip. For cleaning and disinfecting, consider following these tips:
- Clean the caravan in the same way you clean your home, vacuum the carpets to remove all the accumulated dirt and wipe down with anti-bacterial products to make all the surfaces disinfectant. Ensure you scrub the floor and bathroom, clean all the cabinets, wardrobes and storage units in the caravan.
- Do not overuse the sheet covers. Change or wash them if they get any stains or dust.
- Disinfect all the commonly contacted surfaces with a solution, like door handles, appliances, dashboard, toilet seats, etc.
- For proper ventilation and good air circulation, keep the windows open. This will let in the fresh air and air out. Thus, preventing the building up of moisture and will drive stale odours out of the caravan.
- Prevent the breeding of harmful bacteria by checking for any stuffiness by leakages, seals, or other caravan issues.
- Clean any water puddle in the bathroom or kitchen, as if left uncleaned, can lead to major infectious germs in the caravan.
- Use a microfiber cloth for cleaning as it is effective and will lift and hold all the dirt, bacteria and grease present on the surface.
- Use products that are specially designed for cleaning your caravan and will help you out on the road. Xtend Outdoors Cleaning Product are top quality products used for maintaining cleanliness.
Maintain Personal Hygiene
When on the road, maintaining personal hygiene should be your topmost priority for effective and germ-free travel.
- Whether it is a short trip or a long one, the most important tip is to carry a travel hygiene kit for personal grooming and cleaning. Include some essential items like hand sanitiser, toothbrush, toothpaste, wipes, soap, floss, mouthwash, moisturiser, shampoo, sunscreen, etc.
- Bad breath and odour can make you feel low on the trip, so brush your teeth, take a shower and change your clothes daily to avoid these spoilers.
- When on the trip, if you cannot take a shower or wash your clothes due to limited water supply, wipe off your body with a damp towel and air out your dirty laundry at night.
- For a germ-free trip, wash your hands with soap regularly and not forget to carry and use a sanitiser.
- A mosquito repellent is a must-have to be safe from the mosquitos and a first aid kit in case of any emergency when you are out on the road.
Eliminate the waste & get organised
You eliminate the unwanted items for organising your home for keeping your surroundings neat and tidy. So, when travelling in a caravan:
- Remove every item from the caravan that is not required. Spare items like toys should be removed if not needed during the trip.
- Seal the trash bags and throw them into the garbage bins.
- Declutter for tidiness, make sure every loose item from pens, phone chargers and loose change are in their place and not seen everywhere.
- Ensure there are fewer items in a caravan, as you will be able to clean and disinfect every corner of the caravan, and it will not be all stuffed up.
A caravanning trip for a few days will be super fun and refreshing for you to get off from your daunting tasks. The trip can be safe and healthy in this current situation if you maintain a germ-free caravan and keep a check on your personal hygiene.
When you are healthy and safe, it increases the pleasure of travelling and decreases the chances of falling ill so that you can enjoy the most with your loved ones. So ace this cleaning game and head off to explore beautiful Australia.
Danny Smith is CEO and Founder of Xtend Outdoors Australia, which manufactures and sell caravan annexes, awnings and accessories. He loves caravan holidays and frequently blog about caravanning trips, parks and tips.[mailerlite_form form_id=9]